Since its inception, MTCC has strived to fulfill its objectives giving utmost importance to the needs of the customers by providing quality services. MTCC has about 20,000 microbial cultures (actinomycetes, bacteria, fungi, yeasts and plasmids) in its collections. The collections include the microbial type strains of several taxa, strains used for teaching purposes, genetic stock, cultures used for various testing etc. More than 80% of the microbial cultures available in MTCC are of Indian origin and from various ecological niches of India. Over the past 25 years, MTCC has established itself as a distinguished culture collection centre for microbial resources in India. It has a database of about 12,500 customers who consult MTCC for various activities related to microbiology.
Cultures can be ordered by accessing the online catalogue. Most of the cultures are supplied in freeze-dried form. Some cultures, which do not survive freeze drying, are supplied in active form. They are generally mailed by registered post within 15-20 working days after the order has reached us. The prescribed fee should be sent along with the request. Cultures are not supplied to private addresses. Cultures should be revived / subcultured as soon as they arrive. New cultures are being added to the collection regularly. If the culture of your interest is not listed in the catalogue, please enquire about its availability. A note on the reference to any publication using MTCC strains will be highly appreciated.
- The MTCC supplies cultures for research purposes only and with its own accession numbers.
- Recipients of cultures should not pass on such cultures to others with MTCC references.
- MTCC does not supply cultures having accession numbers of other culture collections. However, subcultures derived from the original isolate (equivalent culture) are available. Equivalent cultures may not necessarily be exactly identical because genetic drift may occur.
- All cultures should be handled carefully taking proper and established safety precautions.
- The MTCC is not responsible for any misuse or improper handling of its cultures.
- Please search the online catalogue for cultures required for your work (http://www.mtccindia.res.in/catalog).
- Regarding the cultures with other culture collection numbers, search the catalogue using equivalent number option and look for the strains required for your work.
- The price per culture supplied by MTCC is Rs. 2,000/- + 12.0% GST. Fungi and yeasts can also be supplied as active cultures on slants is Rs.3,000/- + 12.00% GST.
- The price per culture supplied by MTCC is Rs.6,000/- + 12.0% GST. culture ampoule along with COA the fee is Rs.7,000/- + 12.0% GST PER AMPOULE. Fungi and yeasts can also be supplied as active cultures on slants is Rs.9,000/- + 12.0% GST.